Thursday 4 July 2019

The Divorce by Victoria Jenkins

Synopsis

They seemed like any other couple,

Josh and Lydia Green. A doctor, and a stay-at-home mother.  They met at a party, which led to a dinner, which led to a comfortable and happy life together.  They married young, and had children earlier than planned.

Their marriage seemed like any other marriage.

They have their moments, of course - who doesn't? with Josh working longer hours in the hospital, and Lydia feeling increasingly isolated at home, the strain is starting to show. They don't talk as much as they used to.

But they have a secret like no other.

Not every wife is as scared as Lydia.
Not every husband is hiding as much as Josh.
Not everything you think about them is true.

And this book contains a twist like no other.

Author: Victoria Jenkins
Publisher: Bookouture
Publication date: 4th July 2019

My Review


I was really looking forward to reading this book but I was left feeling a little flat and deflated.  The story line was good but something was missing and I think that was the constant setting of the therapist's room. The characters just didn't come alive enough for me.

The Divorce: A gripping psychological thriller with a fantastic twist by [Jenkins, Victoria]We meet Karen, a marriage counsellor,  who has faced her own demons in her life and with the loss of her beloved husband she is struggling just to get through the days.  From there we are introduced to Lydia and Josh in their first  counselling session.

Life has not been kind to Karen and we get glimpses into her background as the book progresses. Lydia is portrayed as the beat down house wife whilst Josh is the domineering hard working doctor but they are not as they seem and it's not long before things bubble to the top.

I do think this book would have possibly been a bit more exciting if we'd seen the characters outside of the consultation room.  I would have liked to have got to know them in the outside world.

This was a good story where all is not as it appears but unfortunately I did predict the twist and the ending was a little unsatisfactory.

I really hate leaving bad reviews and for that I apologise but I have to give my honest opinion on a book and for me this book was a not good as I hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment