Friday 6 September 2019

Never Have I Ever by Joshilyn Jackson

Synopsis


It starts as a game at a book group one night. Never Have I Ever... done something I shouldn't.
But Amy Whey has done something she shouldn't. And Roux, the glamorous newcomer to Amy's suburban neighbourhood, knows exactly what that is.
Roux promises she will go away. She will take herself and her son, who is already growing dangerously close to Amy's teenage stepdaughter, and she will go. If Amy plays by her rules.
But Amy isn't prepared to lose everything she's built. She's going to fight back, and in this escalating game of cat and mouse, there can be only one winner.

Author: Joshilyn Jackson
Publication Date: 8 August 2019
Publisher:  Bloomsbury Publsihing Plc (UK & ANZ)
                 Raven Books


My Review

I will be honest and say that I read chapter one and I did wonder if this book was for me.  It all seemed a little fluffy and a little bit missing something.  I didn't grip me.  I considered not carrying one however I rarely not finish a book and therefore cracked on with chapter two.  I am so glad I did as I was plunged into the darkening web of the story and was hooked.

The game never have I ever, which I have to say, my children love to play leads to a lot of secrets being unearthed and the twists just start coming thick and fast.

When a stranger gate crashes what should be a quiet book club meeting Amy is instantly on edge.  As the alcohol begins to flow the atmosphere begins to change.

I don't want to give away the plot on this one but deep buried secrets are about to be revealed.

Reading this book was almost like watching a high action movie and once it had me hooked I was lost in it.

Despite the slow start once the action started it did so in abundance and I was left flipping the pages as quickly as I could.





No comments:

Post a Comment