Friday 31 May 2019

An offer you can't refuse by Jill Mansell

Synopsis


Ten years ago Lola Malone was offered £10,000, and what seventeen-year-old wouldn't be happy with that.

But there was a catch,  The person doing the offering was her boyfriend Dougie's mother, and it was on condition that Lola broke up with her beloved son.  Lola was outraged.  Nothing - nothing!  could tear her and Dougie apart.  Until she discovered a terrible secret, and suddenly she has no choice but to take the money and run.

Now a twist of fate has brought Lola and Dougie together again, and her feelings for him are as strong as ever. But she broke Dougie's heart - and he's about to discover that she was paid to do it.  She can never tell him the truth, so can she get him back? Well, Lola likes to think she's irresistible.  But even she's got her work cut out this time...

Author: Jill Mansell
Publisher: Headline Publishing
Publication Date: 2008


My Review

I have been hearing good things about Jill Mansell books and have been planning to read one for quite some time. Finally I've done it and I have to say I loved it.  Jill's books are definitely going onto my author hit list and I will be sure to be buying lots more.  This book was published in 2008 so it's a fair few years old but well worth a read.
I loved he character of Lola.  She's a young lady that always tries to do the right thing although sadly things don't always work out as she's plans. The one thing I really loved about her was her loyalty and her truthfulness.  I truly wish I had a friend in my life just like Lola.

An Offer You Can't Refuse by [Mansell, Jill]Family and friendship is a big part in Lola's life and this is a theme all the way through the book.  I love the characters of Sally and Gabe and their developing friendship.  They are total opposites and when Sally moves into Gabes flat as he travels to Australia, his worst nightmare comes true when he finds Australia isn't what he planned .  He plans to move back into once upon a time neat and tidy flat but devilishly untidy Sally digs in her heels and refuses to budge.  This begins the start of a messy friendship.

There are lots of relationships developing all the way through this book and it had a nice heart warm feel to it.  I must admit I did secretly hope that Lola and Gabe would pair up as there was a one point what felt to me to be a bit of secret admiration between them but in the end they turned out to be just great mates.  These are possibly the best types of relationships to have.

All the way through this book I was rooting for happy endings for each of the characters and I wasn't left disappointed.  This is a book to curl up on the sofa with alongside a nice cold glass of wine and a big bar of chocolate. I loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment