Tuesday 7 May 2019

The Evidence Against You by Gillian McAllister


This was cleverly plotted and I was shocked when some of the clever twists were finally revealed.  I went though the whole book one minute thinking yep, he's guilty to the next thinking no, he can't be he's innocent.

Synopsis


Izzy's father is finally released from prison, seventeen years after he was convicted of murder.

Izzy wants nothing more to do with him.  But then her father writes her a letter, begging her to believe he's innocent.

Against her better judgement, Izzy is tempted to believe him.  But how can she?

Because the woman they say he killed was Izzy's mother...

Author: Gillian McAllister
Publisher: Penguin
Publication Date: 18 April 2019

My Review


I was gripped with this book from page one.  This is the first book I have read from Gillian McAllister and I will be searching for more of her work.

The Evidence Against You: The gripping new psychological thriller from the Sunday Times bestsellerI loved the character of Izzy, a grown up but still a child.  She owns and runs her mother's restaurant although she doesn't love it like her mother had.  She prefers to come home and eat Angel Delight straight from the jug and fish finger sandwiches.  Izzy's love was Ballet.  She'd dreamt of being a top ballerina yet she had not danced since her mother's murder.

She's married to Nick, a police analyst.  He's steady, secure and reliable nothing like her father Gabe.  Gabe is a free spirit who loved nothing more than painting in his container.  He struggles to hold down a 9 to 5 job.  He was wild, he was free, he was passionate.

I loved the way this book flipped from current day back to the weeks and months and even the day of the murder.  It really drew me in and made me question each of the characters that I encountered.

Izzy's on an emotional roller coaster and you can't help your heart going out to her.  This book made my eyes fill with tears at some points.  

The secrets and lies within the family are about to come to the surface but who is the killer? I certainly couldn't work it out.

I loved this book and have rated it as 5 stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment